I was going through my unpublished drafts today and found this one that I never finished, and I thought it'd be fun to go ahead and do it!
IF YOUR LIFE WERE A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...
Opening Credits
Santos de Los Angeles "The Sweetest Thing" (aw, I love this song!)
Waking up
Jack Johnson "If I Could" (if I could wake up?)
First Day of School
Brian Crain "Hallelujah" (like the song on "Shrek". It's not a happy song. My school experience is apparently doomed in my movie)
Falling in Love
Trio Los Panchos "Solamenta Una Vez" (from Napoleon Dynamite. If I knew Spanish better I could tell you if this was appropriate for falling in love. But I don't, so I can't. Sorry.)
First Song
Jack Johnson "Belle" (this doesn't make any sense)
Fight Song
Fugazi "Waiting Room" (actually a good fight song!)
Breaking Up
Josh Groban "I'll Be Home for Christmas" (sad!)
Prom
Taylor Swift "You Belong With Me" (but how do you dance to this? It's not slow, it's not fast, ack!)
Life
Johnny Cash "I Walk the Line" (uh-huh!)
Mental Breakdown
Walk off the Earth "Little Boxes" (fitting for a mental breakdown, I think!)
Driving
Philharmonic Wind Orchestra and Marc Reift "The Moldau" (one of Libby's favorite classical pieces)
Flashback
OMD "If You Leave" (nothing like a good 80's song for the flashback scene)
Getting Back Together
Rob Thomas "Lonely No More" (this made me lol)
Wedding
Brett Dennen "Blessed" (aww! a great wedding song!)
Birth of a Child
Bruno Mars "Just the Way You Are" (a good one for unconditional love)
Final Battle
East Village Opera Company "Nessun Dorma" (this is where the audience starts crying)
Death Scene
Mat Kearney "Count On Me" (and then they cry harder)
Funeral Song
The Cure "Just Like Heaven" (then they don't know what to do)
End Credits
They Might Be Giants "Whistling in the Dark" (then they leave the theatre in confusion)
THE END!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment